Caius are fortunate to have the best selection of eights of any Cambridge club, thanks mainly to generous benefactors.
- The Men’s First Boat rows the Jack McDonald (pictured below), a 2010 wing-rigged Empacher, a generous donation from the club’s president Martin Wade.
- The Men’s Second Boat rows the John Barabino, a wing-rigged Vespoli.
- The Tony Baker, a Janousek Eight named after our long-serving Caian hero boatman is used by the lower boats.
- The Women’s First Boat rows the Jimmy Altham (pictured below, about to bump up into headship!), named after our current Senior Treasurer and long-time alumnus, an Empacher.
- The Women’s Second Boat rows the Pippa Rogerson, a Janousek Eight named after our new Master, the first female Master for Gonville & Caius College.
There are a few other Eights that are not used exclusively by either side:
- The Neil McKendrick
- John Lehman
We also have a handful of smaller boats, used for technical sessions or for small boats regattas:
- A Swift four
- The Anne Lyon and the Alice Cheng, both stern-loaded Empacher fours
- The Christopher Humm and the Julia Humm, both Wintech pairs/doubles
- An unnamed lightweight Wintech pair/double
- The Simon Suess, a Carl Douglas double
- Two single sculls